Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can’t I find prices anywhere on your website?
- Where can I purchase Liquid Health?
- I don’t want to order online; how can I find a store that sells your products?
- Do you offer will call if I wanted to pick up an order?
- Where are your ingredients from and where are your products manufactured?
- I am allergic to sulfate. Which glucosamine product can I take?
- How long is this product good for? I can’t find an expiration date; all I see is the date it was made.
- I don’t see how to order your products on the website.
- I accidentally left the bottle on the counter over night. Should I throw it away?
- Why are there two different amounts of calcium listed on the calcium label? How much calcium am I really getting?
- I can’t figure out this bottle! How am I supposed to dispense the product?
- Why can’t I order your products on your website?
- How can I start selling your products?
- What is the best way for me to give my dog this glucosamine product? In his water? In his food?
- Is it okay for me to take your products with the other medications I’m taking?
- I’ve been using your products for months and the bottle I just bought doesn’t seem right. What should I do with it?
- My husband is diabetic, so I am thinking about getting your Glucose Balance supplement. I'd also like to get a multivitamin for the both of us. Would it be dangerous to take both of these products?
- Why are there no amounts listed for your Daily and Children’s Multiple? I need to know how much of the vitamins I’m getting.
- I have a cat that suffers from arthritis in her hips & shoulder. What product do you recommend?
- I’m confused by the cautions/warning on the Liquid Health™ K9 Glucosamine label. One part says, “This product should not be given to animals intended for human consumption,” and the other says "For animal use only." These statements contradict each other.
- I love the sound of the Liquid Complete Multiple but cannot find if it is suitable for a vegan.
- I live outside the United States; can I still get your products?
Unfortunately, we do not sell directly to the general public at this time, but a quick web search should pull up some retail locations from which you could purchase our product. Find a retailer near you with our Store Locator.
You have a couple of options; first, you can use the store locator function on our website to find retail locations in your area. Secondly, if you have a health food or vitamin store that you already like, but they don’t carry our products, you can request that they order them for you.
No, unfortunately, we are the manufacturer and only sell to retail stores and distributors.
We get our ingredients from all over the world including (but not limited to) Mexico, Europe, China, South America and the United States. We have a rigid supplier qualification program that helps us to ensure that the ingredients that we receive from any supplier are of the utmost quality and purity.
All of our products are manufactured, packaged and shipped from Murrieta, CA.
All of our products are good for 2 years from the date of manufacture. Because we are cGMP certified, we are required to use MadeOn dates instead of expiration dates. Beyond the 2 year date, it doesn't mean the product will go bad; we just can't guarantee the specific levels of ingredients indicated/per serving after 2 years.
Liquid Health has a store locator that will help you to find a store near you where you can purchase our products. A Google search will also produce a number of online retailers for our products.
While we do recommend refrigerating our products (mostly for taste), it is not required.
The amount of elemental calcium is the amount of calcium that can be absorbed by your body. Different forms of calcium (i.e. gluconate, chelate, malate, citrate, etc.) have a different percentage of elemental calcium. For example, calcium carbonate is 40% elemental, which means for every 1000 mg of calcium carbonate you take, you’ll be able to absorb 400 mg. The elemental amount is what you should consider when trying to reach your recommended daily intake of calcium.
You have 2 options. First, you can use the bottle’s built-in measuring device. To do this you remove the cap from the side of the bottle with the tube running up the side. Then you squeeze the bottle and you should see the measuring chamber filling up with product. Stop squeezing when the measuring chamber is nearly full and the excess product will return to the main part of the bottle. The dose is now measured out for you at 1 oz. If the dose you need is more or less than 1 oz., please see the option below.
Your second option is the remove the cap on the bottle on the side opposite the measuring chamber. Pour the product out and measure using a measuring spoon. 1 oz. = 2 Tbsp. or 6 tsp.
Liquid Health, Inc. is a cGMP manufacturer and wholesaler of liquid litamins. We do not sell our products on our website because we want to maintain a good relationship with all of our wonderful retailers across the globe. We may offer our products on our website in the future; however, it would be for the full retail price of the product in order to ensure that the Liquid Health brand and products retain their high value.
In order to become a retailer of Liquid Health products you will need to fill out and go through our retailer qualification process. You can begin this process by filling out the New Account Setup Form here. In order to purchase Liquid Health products at wholesale prices you will have to provide a valid retail license from your state, a place of business or website, and your website has to have the ability to retail the product directly to the end customer.
You could try putting part of the dosage on a piece of bread and giving it to him as a treat, then putting the remainder in his dinner. You could also put it in his water bowl or mix it in with any other liquid substance you may give him, because he probably won't realize it's there. Just make sure he eats/drinks the entire bowl to get the full dosage. Some dogs take it with no problem, while others are more picky, so hopefully you can sneak it in somehow.
We cannot legally dispense any medical advice regarding ingredients used in relation to certain drug interactions. We suggest you speak with your doctor, who can better address your concerns.
While we do guarantee our products 100%, we always recommend returning the bottle to the place you purchased it. All of our retailers are supposed to handle all issues and either refund or replace your product, and then they contact us and we credit their account. In the unlikely event your retail location will not refund or replace your product, contact us at 800-995-6607 for further assistance.
Not at all. But it might be wise to take them at different times of the day to be polite to your digestive system.
We don't include the amounts of nutrients on the Daily or Children’s Multiple because they are derived from a nutrient dense, whole food source (sea vegetation) and vary from batch to batch. It's almost better to think of this product as a super-concentrated, liquid vegetable. These products contain a wide spectrum of enzymes, amino acids, and trace minerals from a vegetative source that most other multiple vitamins do not contain. The amounts of some of the vitamins and minerals may be lower than RDA specifications because we do not add them individually to reach those levels.
For a number of years, we’ve had a feline joint formula that works quite well. It’s called Joint Purr-Fection. Good luck!
The cautions and warnings that you listed are mandated by the FDA for these types of products. Although the products include human grade, and often pharmaceutical grade, ingredients they are designed “For Animal Use Only.” The other phrase “This product should not be given to animals intended for human consumption” simply means that you should not give this product to animals like chickens, cows, pigs etc. or any animal that you intend to eat.
Our Complete Multiple product is vegetarian, but it contains bee pollen, so it’s not suitable for a vegan.